by MMAWeekly.com Staff
You tell me which card has bigger stars this month. Is it the Spike TV show featuring David Loiseau vs Evan Tanner? Is it Andrei Arlovski and Forrest Griffin on PPV, or is it the WEC card featuring Ricco Rodriguez, Vernon “Tiger” White, Marvin Eastman, Alex Steibling, Gil Castillo and the 4 man tournament? You could make the arguement for WEC.
WEC is gearing up for their show in two weeks and if you want tickets, they will be hard to come by. While reserve seating is already gone, the good news is the fact that you can watch these fights on HDnet.
MMAWeekly’s very own Ryan Bennett will be doing play by play, and the Fight Professor, Stephen Quadros and Olympic Gold Medalist Jeff Blatnick will be breaking down the action. Let’s breakdown this card.
WEC 16th – Halloween Fury
4 Man Tournament
– Justin Levens (Marco Ruas) vs Jorge Olivera (Chute Box)
This is the classic Brazilian turf war with Olivera who looks like Wanderlei Silva and fights that way as all Chute Box guys do facing Levens who is probably the best kept secret in MMA.
– Tim McKenzie (Cesar Gracie)vs Scott Smith – Tim McKenzie is the next big thing from team Cesar Gracie against Scott Smith, a very rugged in fighter in his own right.
WEC October 14th Card
All we can say is seven former UFC veterans are on this card, not to mention four other fighters that you will see who will be in the UFC soon enough. Here is the stacked card…
– Alex Steibling vs Vernon “Tiger” White
– Marvin Eastman vs John Lober
– Ricco Rodriguez vs Jimmy Ambriz
– Gil Castillo vs Mike Pyle
– Chris Lytle vs Savant Young
– Gabe Ruediger vs Sam Wells
– Lavar Johnson vs Rafael Del Real
– Poppies Martinez vs Robert Breslin
– Steve Ramierz vs Josh Green
Every show WEC has done is sold out so if you want your tickets go to WEC.TV or the Palace at 1866-4-Palace