UFC Rio Rancho weigh-in face-offs
Saturday’s UFC on ESPN+ 25 fight card is set after the top end of the card made weight at Friday’s official weigh-in in Rio Rancho, N.M. Only one fighter missed the mark.
The fight card is headlined by a pivotal light heavyweight bout that could determine Jon Jones’s next challenger if Dominick Reyes isn’t granted an immediate rematch following their close UFC 247 headliner.
Corey Anderson is on a four-fight winning streak with wins over some of the top fighters in the division, so he has been clamoring for a title shot already. If he notches a victory over Jan Blachowicz in New Mexico, it would be extremely difficult for UFC officials to deny him a shot at the belt.
Blachowicz isn’t far behind. Though he was tripped up early last year by Thiago Santos, Santos has already been granted a title shot and failed to claim the belt. Having notched wins over Luke Rockhold and Jacare Souza since that time, adding a win over Anderson to the list would certainly nudge Blachowicz close to title contention.
Neither man had issue with the scale in Rio Rancho. Anderson weighed 205 pounds, while Blachowicz was 206 pounds, which is the upper limit for a light heavyweight non-title fight.
(Courtesy of UFC)
TRENDING > Kamaru Usman thinks Jorge Masvidal is fake
UFC on ESPN+ 25: Anderson vs. Blachowicz weigh-in results
Main Card (8 pm ET on ESPN+)
- Corey Anderson (205) vs. Jan Błachowicz (206)
- Diego Sanchez (171) vs. Michel Pereira (170)
- Montana De La Rosa (126) vs. Mara Romero Borella (125)
- Brok Weaver (156) vs. Kazula Vargas (156)
- Rogério Bontorin (126) vs. Ray Borg (128)*
- Lando Vannata (156) vs. Yancy Medeiros (155)
Prelims (5 pm ET on ESPN+)
- Tim Means (171) vs. Daniel Rodriguez (171)
- John Dodson (133.5) vs. Nathaniel Wood (136)
- Jim Miller (156) vs. Scott Holtzman (156)
- Devin Clark (205) vs. Dequan Townsend (202)
- Casey Kenney (135) vs. Merab Dvalishvili (136)
- Macy Chiasson (135) vs. Shanna Young (134)
- Mark De La Rosa (126) vs. Raulian Paiva (126)
*Borg missed weight and was fined 30-percent of his show money. The fight will continue as planned.
Tune in Saturday, Feb. 15, for full UFC on ESPN+ 25: Anderson vs. Blachowicz live results from Rio Rancho, N.M. Corey Anderson squares off with Jan Blachowicz in the UFC Rio Rancho main event with light heavyweight championship implications on the line.