(Click on the fight below and then scroll down to see in-fight live stats and full results, courtesy of Fight Analytics. Full live results for the first UFC on ESPN+ 23: Edgar vs. Korean Zombie bout from in Busan, South Korea, is scheduled to begin on Saturday, Dec. 21, at 2 a.m. ET / Friday, Dec. 20, at 11 p.m. PT.)
NOTE the Early UFC Busan: Edgar vs. Korean Zombie start times
- UFC on ESPN+ 23 main card start time: 5 a.m. ET / 2 a.m. PT on ESPN+
- UFC on ESPN+ 23 prelims start time: 2 a.m. ET (Dec. 21) / 11 p.m. PT (Dec. 20) on ESPN+
The Ultimate Fighting Championship returns to South Korea for the first time in four years this week for UFC on ESPN+ 23. in Busan.
The UFC Busan fight card is topped by home country hero Chan Sung Jung (aka The Korean Zombie). Jung remains in the main event after former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar agreed to be a short-notice replacement for his original opponent, Brian Ortega. Ortega fell off the card after he suffered a partial tear of his right anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).
Edgar had been on track for his bantamweight debut opposite Cory Sandhagen in January, but when the UFC needed a high profile opponent to keep Jung in the main event in his home country, the former champion jumped at the opportunity to headline a card in South Korea, although the fight keeps him in the featherweight division for the moment.
The UFC Busan co-main event features a light heavyweight bout between Volkan Oezdemir and Aleksandar Rakić, two fighters coming from very different circumstances that are both trying to find their way into title contention.
TRENDING > UFC double-champ Henry Cejudo is being stripped of his flyweight belt
Check out the MMAWeekly.com Rumors page for more scheduled events and rumored fight cards.
NOTE: To select the appropriate fight, click on the images with the yellow name plates at the bottom of the Fight Analytics window and drag until you see the fight you are interested in. Quick results are located below the Fight Analytics window.
UFC Busan: Edgar vs. Korean Zombie live results from Busan
UFC on ESPN+ 23: Edgar vs. Korean Zombie results
- Chan Sung Jung def. Frankie Edgar by TKO (punches) at 3:18, R1
- Volkan Oezdemir def. Aleksandar Rakić by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Charles Jourdain def. Doo Ho Choi by TKO (punches) at 4:32, R2
- Da Un Jung def. Mike Rodriguez by knockout (punches) at 1:04, R1
- Jun Yong Park def. Marc-André Barriault by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Kyung Ho Kang def. Liu Pingyuan by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 30-27)
- Ciryl Gane def. Tanner Boser by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Seung Woo Choi def. Suman Mokhtarian by unanimous decision (29-26, 29-26, 29-25)
- Omar Morales def. Dong Hyun Ma by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 29-28)
- Alexandre Pantoja def. Matt Schnell by knockout (punches) at 4:17, R1
- Raoni Barcelos def. Said Nurmagomedov by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Amanda Lemos def. Miranda Granger by technical submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:43, R1
- Heili Alateng def. Ryan Benoit by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)