or click this link to go directly to the gallery:

-Drew Fickett defeats Kurt Pellegrino by submission (rear naked choke) at 1:20 of Round 3

Pellegrino seemed to control most of the fight with takedowns, but then Fickett pulled out the victory by moving from the guard position, taking Pellegrino’s back, and securing a rear naked choke for the submission victory.

-Cheick Kongo defeats Gilbert Aldana by TKO (doctor stoppage) at 4:13 of Round 1

Aldana took Kongo down at will and had side control on the ground, but Kongo was able to escape. Kongo then got a takedown of his own. After the referee stood the fighters back up, it was a stand-up war. Kongo threw knees and elbows from the clinch, which opened up a cut near Aldana’s left eye. The doctor advised the referee to stop the fight as a result of the cut in the first round, giving Kongo the victory by TKO.

-Jeff Monson defeats Anthony Perosh by TKO (referee stoppage) at 2:22 of Round 1

Monson basically dominated this fight, taking down Perosh at the beginning of the fight and working some Jiu-Jitsu before the fight made its way back up to the stand-up position. Monson stunned Perosh during a dirty boxing exchange, and Perosh went down. Monson got on top of Perosh and reigned down hammer fists until the referee stopped the fight.

-Hermes Franca defeats Joe Jordan by submission (triangle choke) at 0:47 of Round 3

Round 1: Two high kicks from Franca were the highlight of the first round. Most of this round was fought in the stand-up position, with two takedown attempts by Franca that Jordan was able to stuff. The round ended with Jordan in Franca’s guard after a takedown attempt. It was a fairly lackluster first round.

Round 2: The round was mainly in the stand-up, with Franca landing the better strikes, which included two big flying knees, but Jordan was able to weather all of Franca’s shots.

Round 3: A very exciting round. Hermes got the takedown and got side control over Jordan. Hermes went for a leglock and then switched to an Americana, which Hermes used to move from side mount to full mount. From the full mount position, Franca secured a mounted triangle choke, and then he rolled to his side to finish the fight by submission.

-Joe Stevenson defeated Yves Edwards by TKO (doctor stoppage) at 5:00 of Round 2

Round 1: After a feeling-out process, Stevenson secured a takedown, but Edwards got back to his feet. Yves landed a high kick and followed with a flurry that dropped Stevenson. Joe recovered and finished the round with some ground and pound offense.

Round 2: Stevenson got a single leg-takedown and worked elbows inside of Yves’ guard, opening up a cut on Yves’ head. The doctor stopped the bout in between the second round and the third round due to the cut.

-Frank Mir defeated Dan Christison by unanimous decision

Round 1: Mir secured an early takedown and quickly moved to mount, but Christison worked back to guard. Mir tried to ground and pound Christison, but it was Christison who nearly sunk in an armbar as the round came to a close.

Round 2: Mir looked gassed, and Dan landed shots. Mir eventually got a takedown from the clinch, but wasn’t able to do much damage. The referee stood the fighters back up, and Christison continued to land shots on Mir.

Round 3: Mir got an early takedown and continued with ground and pound offense. Mir moved to side control, where he continued to throw elbows. In the end, the fight was scored 29-28 on all three judges’ scorecards in favor of Mir.

-Tito Ortiz defeated Ken Shamrock by TKO (referee stoppage) at 1:18 of Round 1

Shamrock came out taking the fight to Ortiz. Tito quickly clinched and took Ken down with a big slam. Ortiz moved Shamrock to the cage and was inside of his guard. Ortiz dropped elbows down on Ken. Referee Herb Dean stepped in to stop the fight. Chaos broke out in the cage because Ken thought the fight was stopped prematurely.

-Josh Burkman defeated Josh Neer by unanimous decision

Round 1: Burkman shot in and got a double-leg takedown, but Neer was able to get back to his feet. Burkman dropped Neer with a big right hand and tried to finish with an armbar attempt, but was not able to finish the armbar.

Round 2: Neer secured a takedown and unloaded some ground and pound offense in Burkman’s guard, but then Burkman was able to get back to his feet. The fighters exchanged strikes. Burkman pressed Neer against the cage and slammed Neer to the ground as Round 2 came to a close.

Round 3: After an exchange of strikes, Burkman got another takedown. Neer went for a triangle choke, but Burkman got out of the submission by slamming Neer to the canvas. Neer was able to get back to his feet, only to be slammed again. End of fight. All three judges give it to Burkman (scores of 30-27, 29-28, and 29-28).

-Tim Sylvia defeated Andrei Arlovski by unanimous decision (judges’ scores were 48-47, 48-47, and 49-46)


or click this link to go directly to the gallery: