The athletes competing on Saturday’s UFC 279: Chimaev vs Diaz fight card officially weighed in on Friday in Las Vegas.
UFC 279 takes place at T-Mobile Arena and is headlined by a welterweight bout between the undefeated Khamzat Chimaev and octagon veteran Nate Diaz. Diaz weighed in at 171 pounds while Chimaev tipped the scales 7.5 pounds heavy at 178.5.
It was not clear at the time of publication whether or not the Chimaev vs. Diaz fight would continue as planned nor what penalty Chimaev might incur.
UFC 279 Official Weigh-in Video
(Video Courtesy of UFC)
UFC 279 Official Weigh-in Results
- Khamzat Chimaev (178.5)* vs. Nate Diaz (171)
- Tony Ferguson (171) vs. Li Jingliang (170.5)
- Kevin Holland (179.5) vs. Daniel Rodriguez (179)
- Irene Aldana (137.5) vs. Macy Chiasson (139.5)
- Johnny Walker (205) vs. Ion Cutelaba (205.5)
- Hakeem Dawodu (149.5)* vs. Julian Erosa (146)
- Jailton Almeida (216.5) vs. Anton Turkalj (214)
- Denis Tiuliulin (186) vs. Jamie Pickett (185.5)
- Jake Collier (265) vs. Chris Barnett (267.5)*
- Danyelle Wolf (146) vs. Norma Dumont (146)
- Chad Anheliger (135.5) vs. Alateng Heili (135)
- Elise Reed (115.5) vs. Melissa Martinez (113.5)
- Darian Weeks (170.5) vs. Yohan Lainesse (171)