The heavyweight main event is officially set for the UFC’s debut card in Moscow, Russia but that doesn’t mean everybody on the card made weight.
First things first, Mark Hunt and Alexei Oleinik were both on point at the weigh-ins as their main event fight is now set for Saturday. Hunt tipped the scales at exactly 265 pounds — the heavyweight limit — while Oleinik was at 235 pounds.
It was lightweight competitor Mairbek Taisumov who had the biggest struggles with the scales on Friday as he came in at 161 pounds — a full five pounds over the limit for a non-title fight.
After a rigorous weight cut, Taisumov was instructed that he was no longer able to make any further attempts to drop the extra pounds as he was instead penalized for failing to make the 156-pound limit.
Taisumov will pay a whopping 40-percent fine for failing to make weight with his penalty going to opponent Desmond Green as their fight moves forward.
Meanwhile, newcomer Jin Soo Son was also over the limit for his short notice fight against highly touted Russian prospect Petr Yan. Son came in at 137 pounds, one pound over the limit for a non-title bantamweight bout.
TRENDING > Mark Hunt Trashes Fabricio Werdum After He’s Suspended 2 Years for Doping Violation
Son will pay a 20-percent fine that will go to Yan as his penalty for missing weight.
The remainder of the fighters on the card were able to make weight ahead of the card on Saturday in Moscow.
UFC Fight Night 136: Hunt vs. Oleinik Weigh-in Results
MAIN CARD (2 p.m. ET on UFC FIGHT PASS)
- Mark Hunt (265) vs. Aleksei Oleinik (235)
- Jan Blachowicz (205) vs. Nikita Krylov (205)
- Shamil Abdurakhimov (256) vs. Andrei Arlovski (244)
- Thiago Alves (171) vs. Alexey Kunchenko (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (10:30 a.m. on UFC FIGHT PASS)
- C.B. Dollaway (186) vs. Khalid Murtazaliev (185)
- Jin Soo Son (137) vs. Petr Yan (136)
- Kajan Johnson (155) vs. Rustam Khabilov (156)
- Desmond Green (156) vs. Mairbek Taisumov (161)
- Magomed Ankalaev (204) vs. Marcin Prachnio (205)
- Jordan Johnson (186) vs. Adam Yandiev (184)
- Ramazan Emeev (171) vs. Stefan Sekulic (170)
- Merab Dvalishvili (135) vs. Terrion Ware (135)
(courtesy of MMAJunkie)