A nasty armbar submission courtesy of new Strikeforce champion Ronda Rousey has landed former title holder Miesha Tate on indefinite suspension from the Ohio Athletic Commission.
As the fight came to a close, Tate’s arm literally bent around backwards while Rousey was trying to force the submission.
Now according to the Ohio Athletic Commission, Tate will be under indefinite suspension until she gets clearance from an orthopedist on her left arm.
A few other fighters including Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza also fell under indefinite suspensions following the event. Souza told MMAWeekly.com on Saturday that he believed his hand was broken, and he’ll have to get doctor’s clearance before heading back to the cage later this year.
Here are the full medical suspensions for Strikeforce: Tate vs Rousey
– Miesha Tate suspended indefinitely until cleared by orthopedist for left arm injury
– Kazuo Misaki suspended 45 days for stitches
– Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza suspended indefinitely for medical clearance on his hand
– Sarah Kaufman suspended 30 days for a rest period
– Alexis Davis suspended 30 days for stitches
– Roger Bowling suspended indefinitely until clearance for hand injury
– Brandon Saling suspended 30 days for TKO
– Pat Healy suspended 30 days for stitches
– Conor Heun suspended 30 days for TKO loss, also suspended indefinitely for medical clearance on hand and stitches