Conor McGregor has been a quote machine since he first set foot in the Octagon. Check out the top 15 notable quotes from The Notorious.
- “I said football stadiums. I said world titles. This is what I said and this is what is happening. It’s a beautiful thing when you have the ability to predict the future, and that is what I feel I have.”
– January 2015, ahead of McGregor’s UFC Fight Night Boston bout against Dennis Siver.
- “We’re not just here to take part….we’re here to take over.”
– July 2014, following McGregor’s win over Diego Brandao at UFC Fight Night Dublin.
- “These custom-made suits aren’t cheap. This solid gold pocket watch, three people died making this watch. I need to put people away. I need those big fights. I’m going to end up in debt pretty fast.”
– August 2013, UFC Fight Night Boston post-fight press conference following McGregor’s win over Max Holloway.
- “The only weight I give a f*** about is the weight of the cheques and my cheques are super-heavyweight.”
– February 2016, ahead of McGregor’s bout with Nate Diaz at UFC 196.
- “I am cocky in prediction. I am confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”
– September 2014, following McGregor’s win over Dustin Poirier at UFC 178.
- “I own this town, I own Rio de Janeiro, so for him to say that he is the king and I am the joker, if this was a different time, I would invade his favela on horseback, and would kill anyone who wasn’t fit to work. But we’re in a new time, so I’ll whoop his ass instead.”
– March 2015, ahead of McGregor’s scheduled bout with Jose Aldo at UFC 189.
- “There are two things I really like to do and that’s whoop ass and look good. I’m doing one of them right now and on Saturday night, I’m doing the other.”
– August 2013, ahead of McGregor’s bout against Max Holloway in Boston.
- “If one of us goes to war, we all go to war.”
– September 2014, in-Octagon interview following win over Dustin Poirier at UFC 178.
- “Trash talk? Smack talk? This is an American term that makes me laugh. I simply speak the truth. I’m an Irish man.”
– April 2015, as told to Esquire magazine ahead of UFC 189.
- “Timing beats speed…precision beats power.”
– December 2015, following McGregor’s win over Jose Aldo at UFC 194.
- “Me and Jesus are cool. I’m cool with all the gods. Gods recognize gods.”
– January 2016, ahead of McGregor’s scheduled bout with Rafael do Anjos.
- “You’re damn right I’m in it to make money. This is prize fighting, I’m in it to get rich; fast. And then I’m in it to get out.”
– September 2014, as told to Setanta Sports.
- “The only approach I changed is I dug the grave a little bit wider. A little bit longer for Nate’s skinny, fat, long body.”
– March 2016, ahead of McGregor’s bout with Nate Diaz.
- “I didn’t even grapple to get a brown belt. I must be the best brown belt on earth!”
– September 2014, after McGregor was awarded a jiu jitsu brown belt.
- “I should create my own belt. I am, in myself, my own belt. It doesn’t matter if its featherweight, lightweight, welterweight. It’s the McGregor belt. That’s it, I’m fighting for my own belt.”
– February 2016