by MMAWeekly.com Staff
Spike TV is winding down it’s relationship with the WWE as the WWE is getting ready to switch networks from Spike TV to the USA Cable Network. As a result, Spike TV has contacted the UFC about putting together a LIVE show on October 3rd, which is the first date the WWE will not being doing their weekly Monday Night Show on the Spike TV Network.
The UFC will now lock down the WWE timeslot and Spike executives are hoping those who regularly tune in for Monday Night for WWE RAW on October 3rd, will sit through the UFC Live show instead.
Michael DiSanto broke the story on Inside Fighting on Sunday, but there were a few match ups that were reported incorrectly. MMAWeekly has learned that there will be a fight between Thiago “Pitbull” Alves from American Top Team fighting Spencer Fisher from Miletich, not Alves vs Larson as was reported by Inside Fighting.
MMAWeekly has learned that Brock Larson will actually face John Fitch. So here is the correct updated card reported by MMAWeekly.
– Evan Tanner vs David Loiseau
– Stephan Bonnar vs James Irvin
– Josh Koscheck vs Drew Fickett
– Chris Leben vs Edwin Dewees
– Thiago “Pitbull” Alves vs Spencer Fisher
– Brandon Vera vs Fabiano Scherner
– Brock Larson vs John Fitch
– Johnathon Guillet vs Jay Hieron