MMAWeekly Radio is back for Monday’s show with UFC on FX 2 headliner Thiago Alves, Strikeforce’s Paul Daley and plenty of debate surrounding UFC 144.
Thiago Alves drops by to talk about his upcoming fight with Martin Kampmann and his goal to get into another title shot, maybe even against Carlos Condit.
“It doesn’t take a lot and Carlos Condit is the champion now. Anybody can be a champion, anybody that has the heart and has the will to go through everything you have to go through can be a champion. Carlos Condit’s the living proof of that,” Alves said in the interview
“You don’t need to be very well skilled, you’ve just got to prepare hard and go out there and perform. I love it, I love what I see.”
Paul Daley also stops by to give his thoughts on his fight with Kazuo Misaki and why he should be next in line for a title shot.
Finally the debate in the Sixth Round heats up with the following topics:
– Who did you score winning the main event…Benson Henderson or Frankie Edgar?
– Did you have a problem with everyone essentially telling Frankie Edgar to go to featherweight after the fight?
– Should Frankie Edgar get an automatic rematch with Benson Henderson?
– Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson loses after weight cutting debacle and knee injury. Reaction to everything that happened?
– Rampage says he’s not going anywhere but should he consider retirement?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Monday, Feb 27, 2012