(Video courtesy of AXS TV Fights | Viewing may be limited due to broadcast rights restrictions)
In a battle for the inaugural LFA lightweight title on Friday, newcomer Robert Watley (8-1) upset Thiago Moises (9-2), winning by unanimous decision in the main event at LFA 17: Moises vs. Watley.
Mike Stevens (7-4) landed a combination of stikes on Hugo Prada (8-2) in the second round, which led to his TKO victory a few moments later. Heavyweight Boom Gordon (2-0) delivered repeated blows to Chandler Cole (2-1) just before the referee stopped the fight.
LFA 17: Moises vs. Watley Results
- Main Event – Lightweight Title Fight – Robert Watley (8-1) out-lasted Thiago Moises (9-2) to win by unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45).
- Co-Main Event – Catchweight Fight (140 pounds) – Tony Gravely (10-4) defeated Keith Richardson (17-9) via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
- Catchweight Fight (160 pounds) – Mike Stevens (7-4) dominated Hugo Prada (8-2) to win by TKO (referee stoppage) at 3:47 in round two.
- Heavyweight Fight – Boom Gordon (2-0) scored a TKO over Chandler Cole (2-1) due to referee stoppage at 4:25 in round one.
- Featherweight Fight – John Sweeney (2-0) caught Shelton Sales (0-1) in a guillotine choke to win by technical submission at 1:57 in round one.
- Lightweight Fight – Ryan Jett (4-2) out-fought Nick Rodrigues (0-1) to win by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27).
(Photo courtesy of Greg Briley/LFA)