Kyoji Horiguchi has won nine straight fights, but his performance at Rizin 10 on Sunday will go down as the best of the lot. The Japanese flyweight needed just nine seconds to knock out fellow UFC alumnus Ian McCall with a devastating left hand.
The American was unfortunate to see his Rizin debut end prematurely after getting cut by the ring ropes. But there was nothing remotely controversial about the finish to this fight with Horiguchi dropping the 33-year-old almost instantly.
The Japanese fighter showcased some fast footwork to circle away from McCall, who made the mistake of chasing him. The American southpaw tried to land a left cross, but Horiguchi slipped it and countered with a perfectly timed overhand left.
The punch didn’t travel far, but McCall’s momentum took him directly into it and he dropped like a stone. There was still time for the recently crowned Rizin bantamweight champion to land some follow up shots, but the referee sensibly stepped in to stop the action.
Their fight headlined the Rizin 10 card at the Marine Messe in Fukuoka. The win takes Horiguchi’s record to 24-2 and continues his perfect post-UFC record, while McCall drops to 13-7-1 after enduring back-to-back defeats in Japan.
— FITE (@FiteTV) May 6, 2018
— Bestrafer7 (@Bestrafer7) May 6, 2018
Rizin FF 10 Results
- Kyoji Horiguchi def. Ian McCall by KO in round 1
- Tenshin Nasukawa def. Yusaku Nakamura by TKO in round 2
- Kanna Asakura def. Melissa Sophia Karagianis by Decision (Unanimous)
- Yusuke Yachi def. Diego Nunes by Decision (Split)
- Daron Cruickshank def. Koshi Matsumoto by KO (Head Kick) in round 1
- Issei Ishii def. Daishin Sakai by Decision (Unanimous)
- Kai Asakura def. Manel Kapeby Decision (Split)
- Ayaka Hamasaki def. Alyssa Garcia by Decision (Unanimous)
- Ante Delija def. Ricardo Prasel by Decision (Unanimous)
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik def. Andrey Kovalev by Decision (Split)
- Kanako Murata def. Lanchana Green by Submission (Anaconda Choke) in round 1
- Tomohiro Kitai and Darvish Kurogi ended in a draw by Decision (Split)