Despite losing his bid for the UFC heavyweight championship Alistair Overeem took the top slot on the UFC 203 fighter payroll on Saturday in Cleveland.
In the UFC 203 fighter salaries the Ohio Athletic Commission provided to MMAWeekly.com on Monday, Overeem was at the top of the list with an $800,000 payday.
His opponent, heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic, was next on the list, taking home $600,000 for finishing the former Strikeforce and K-1 champion.
The next big earner at UFC 203 was, not surprisingly, Phil “CM Punk” Brooks. Despite having no prior mixed martial arts experience, he took home a $500,000 payday, largely due to his drawing power as a former WWE Superstar.
UFC 203: Miocic vs. Overeem took place on Saturday, Sept. 10, at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.
UFC 203: Miocic vs. Rockhold Fighter Salaries
- Stipe Miocic: $600,000 (no win bonus) def. Alistair Overeem: $800,000
- Fabricio Werdum: $375,000 (includes $125,000 win bonus) def. Travis Browne: $120,000
- Mickey Gall: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus) def. CM Punk $500,000
- Jimmie Rivera: $48,000 (includes $24,000 win bonus) def. Urijah Faber $160,000
- Jessica Andrade: $46,000 (includes $23,000 win bonus) def. Joanne Calderwood: $25,000
- Bethe Correia: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus) def. Jessica Eye: $25,000
- Brad Tavares: $56,000 (includes $28,000 win bonus) def. Caio Magalhaes: $20,000
- Nik Lentz: $76,000 (includes $38,000 win bonus) def. Michael McBride: $12,000
- Yancy Medeiros: $48,000 (includes $24,000 win bonus) def. Sean Spencer: $17,000
- Drew Dober: $38,000 (includes $19,000 win bonus) def. Jason Gonzales: $10,000
UFC 203 Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $3,056,000