Chinzo Machida (3-2) will make his promotional debut in featherweight preliminary action at “Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull” on August 26 at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., against Mario Navarro (4-4).
The fight joins a main card that includes a lightweight main event between fellow superstars Benson Henderson (23-6) and Patricio “Pitbull” Freire (25-3). In addition, undefeated knockout artist A.J. McKee (4-0) clashes with former KOTC titlist Henry Corrales (12-3), while explosive lightweights Saad Awad (19-7) and Derek Anderson (13-2) go toe-to-toe in a match-up that you do not want to miss. Rounding out the televised action is a women’s flyweight encounter pitting Lena Ovchynnikova (11-4) against Jaimelene Nievera (4-1).
During the must-see preliminary portion of the event, Bubba Jenkins (11-2) will look for revenge against Georgi “Insane” Karakhanyan (24-6-1) in a featherweight rematch. In welterweight action, both Kevin “Baby Slice” Ferguson Jr. and Joey Davis will both suit up for the first time under the Bellator umbrella and make their professional debuts.
“Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull” takes place on August 26 inside Anaheim California’s Honda Center, and will air LIVE and FREE on SPIKE at 10 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CT.
Doors for the event open at 4:45 p.m. PT local time and the first preliminary bout – which streams live on Bellator.com and The Bellator Mobile App — begins at 5:00 p.m. PT. Tickets for the event start at just $30 and can be purchased now on Ticketmaster and at the Honda Center Box Office.
Machida, the elder brother of former light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida, has only fought five times in his career, but is currently riding a two-fight winning streak. Machida impressively finished Brian Wood via flying knee for Resurrection Fighting Alliance in 2014 and on August 26 Machida will be fighting an opponent who’s currently on the opposite end of the spectrum, and has lost his last two outings. If unfamiliar with Machida’s handy work, look no further than his aforementioned finish of Wood in the video below.
Navarro, 33, has competed almost exclusively in his home state of California, with 7 of 8 fights taking place a short drive from his home in Huntington Beach. A two-fight veteran of Bellator MMA, “Handsome” has competed against Cleber Luciano and Brandon Bender under the Scott Coker-led promotion and will look to get back to his winning ways in Anaheim, Calif., on Aug. 26.
(Video courtesy of AXS TV Fights | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions)
“Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull” Fight Card
- Lightweight No. 1 Contender Main Event: Benson Henderson (23-6) vs. Patricio “Pitbull” Freire (25-3)
- Lightweight Co-Main Event: Saad Awad (19-7) vs. Derek Anderson (13-2)
- Flyweight Feature Bout: Lena Ovchynnikova (11-4) vs. Jaimelene Nievera (4-1)
- Featherweight Feature Bout: A.J. McKee (4-0) vs. Henry Corrales (12-3)
- Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Chinzo Machida (3-2) vs. Mario Navarro (4-4)
- Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Bubba Jenkins (11-2) vs. Georgi Karakhanyan (24-6-1)
- Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Joey Davis (Pro Debut) vs. Keith Cutrone (1-0)
- Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Kevin Ferguson Jr. (Pro Debut) vs. Jon Tomasian (Pro Debut)
- Lightweight Preliminary Bout: Gabriel Green (2-0) vs. Alex Trinidad (1-0)
- Flyweight Preliminary Bout: Steve Ramirez (4-1) vs. Ron Henderson (4-2)
- Flyweight Preliminary Bout: Kyle Estrada (3-2) vs. David Duran (3-4)
- Lightweight Preliminary Bout: Mike Segura (4-3) vs. Jacob Rosales (3-2)
- Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Jonny Cisneros (9-4) vs. Andy Murad (12-2)
- Lightweight Preliminary Bout: Jake Roberts (6-0) vs. Stephen Martinez (11-4)