MMAWeekly.com sources on Tuesday confirmed that Kongo, who recently left the UFC, has come to terms with Bellator and will make his next cage appearance for the promotion.
Kongo (18-8-2) left the UFC following a loss to Roy Nelson at UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen in April. It was the final fight on his contract.
The French fighter had been offered a new UFC contract prior to that bout, but declined.
“Don’t believe he said/she said stories. I have not been cut by the UFC,” Kongo wrote on his Facebook page following widespread reports that he had been released after losing to Nelson. “I am Cheick Kongo, so I know best what’s next for me. It doesn’t mean that I am leaving the UFC. It doesn’t mean that I am staying. It means this is my life.”
Details of his Bellator deal or debut were not revealed, but it appears Kongo’s life will find it’s next chapter in the Bellator cage.
(Follow @RyanMcKinnell on Twitter)