After a competitive first round, Moldavsky got the better of the exchanges late in the second stanza. Moldavsky was the more active fighter, taking the fight to Johnson. The two engaged in spirited exchanges, but Moldavsky was clearly winning the fight. He was outworking Johnson, unleashing his combinations are a higher rate and connecting more.
Johnson desperately tried to lure Moldavsky into a slugfest knowing the he needed a finish in the final round. Moldavsky remained poised, picking his shots and avoiding the heavy shots thrown by Johnson. At the end of five round of fighting, the judges scored the fight for Moldavsky by unanimous decision, winning all five rounds.
In the co-main event, Liz Carmouche make quick work of Kana Watanabe. The former UFC title challenger only needed 35 second to put away the third ranked Watanabe.
Bellator 261 Results:
- Valentin Moldavsky (11-1) defeated Timothy Johnson (15-7) via unanimous decision (50-45, 49-46, 49-46)
- Liz Carmouche (16-7) defeated Kana Watanabe (10-1-1) via KO (punches) at :35 of round one
- Sidney Outlaw (16-4) defeated Myles Jury (19-6) via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:44 of round three
- Daniel Weichel (42-12) defeated Keoni Diggs (9-1) via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Christian Edwards (5-0) defeated Simon Biyong (7-2) via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Soren Bak (15-1) defeated Bobby Lee (7-2) via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-27, 29-27)
- Corey Samuels (3-2) defeated Isaiah Hokit (0-1) via knockout (punches) at :10 of round one
- Jaylon Bates (3-0) defeated Cody Matthews (1-2) via submission (arm bar) at 4:04 of round two
- Taylor Johnson (7-2) defeated Lance Wright (5-2) via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:58 of round one
- John de Jesus (14-9) defeated John Macapa (23-6-2) via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)