(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube)
Bellator light heavyweight champion Ryan Bader punched his ticket to the Heavyweight World Grand Prix semifinal round by punching out King Mo Lawal on Saturday night.
It took Bader a mere 15 seconds to crack Lawal with a punch that sent him crashing to the canvas. He quickly followed with a few more punches to the downed fighter and closed out the fight, earning a birth to the next round of the promotion’s heavyweight tournament.
The Bellator 199 co-main event featured a fight that should have rightfully taken place seven or eight years ago. Despite the wait, Jon Fitch defeated Paul Daley in much the same manner as what would have been expected if they had met while both were under the UFC banner.
Rising featherweight star Aaron Pico is developing a penchant for body punches, which he aptly put on display at Bellator 199.
Check out the Bellator 199: Bader vs. King Mo fight highlights from San Jose, Calif.
Bellator 199: Bader vs. King Mo Full Results
- Ryan Bader vs. Muhammed Lawal via knockout (punch) at 0;15, R1
- Paul Daley vs. Jon Fitch via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Aaron Pico def. Lee Morrison via TKO (punches) at 1:10, R1
- Cheick Kongo def. Javy Ayala via knockout (punch) at 2:29, R1
- Adam Piccolotti def. Carrington Banks via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:41, R3