World Series of Fighting on Monday took a unique approach to fight promotion, challenging its competition, Bellator MMA, to a “winner take all” pay-per-view that might even include fighters switching rosters.
WSOF vice president Ali Abdel-Aziz, on Monday’s episode of The MMA Hour, threw out the challenge: a pay-per-view event pitting 10 WSOF fighters against 10 Bellator fighters. The winning promotion would keep all gate receipts and pay-per-view revenue from the event.
Abdel-Aziz also opened it up for any Bellator fighter – whether said fighter won or lost – to make the move over to World Series of Fighting. That would, as would the entire endeavor, take a major commitment Bellator, which even Abdel-Aziz admitted wasn’t likely to happen.
“I don’t think they will, but we will, 100 percent,” Abdel-Aziz said on The MMA Hour.
WSOF even went so far as to tweet out its proposed match-ups:
Tyrone Spong vs. Quinton Jackson
Anthony Johnson vs. Attila Vegh
Andrei Arlovski vs. Vitaly Minakov
Marlon Moraes vs. Eduardo Dantas
Yushin Okami vs. Alexander Shlemenko
Rousimar Palhares vs. Douglas Lima
Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler
Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Daniel Straus
Jon Fitch vs. Rick Hawn
David Branch vs. Brett Cooper
Bellator MMA, at the time of publication, had yet to respond to a request for comment.