Worldwide Mixed Martial Arts is kicking off the company’s inaugural charitable event Saturday night with McCorkle vs. Heden: Fighting for a Better World at the Don Haskins Center in El Paso, Texas.
WMMA’s first event, which features UFC veteran Sean McCorkle taking on Brian Heden in a super heavyweight main event, benefits the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) and the U.S. Army Wounded Warrior Program (AW2). It will be broadcast live on pay-per-view with a world-class commentary team featuring Don Frey, Ron Kruck, and Karyn Bryant.
WMMA believes mixed martial arts is bigger than the company, therefore it has chosen to honor and provide assistance to our service members by partnering with organizations that are experts in assisting our real warriors and their families.
“We take pride in our fights,” stated William McFarlane, President of WMMA. “Our fans mean the world to us and our gratitude will be shown through the events that we produce; that means the most action-packed bouts and the very best of mixed martial arts. Most importantly, it means supporting our real heroes and true fighters, our military, our soldiers, our families. This event is for them.”
Fans of WMMA will also be treated to an amazing undercard, which is set to be streamed live on WMMA’s website, www.wmmasports.com.
Sean McCorkle will be a guest on MMAWeekly Radio on Tuesday and Karo Parisyan joins the show on Wednesday.
1. Sean McCorkle vs. Brian Heden (Super Heavyweight)
2. Thomas Denny vs. Karo Parisyan (170lbs)
3. Lyle Beerbohm vs. James Marohl (170lbs)
4. Drew Fickett vs. Kevin Knabjian (170lbs)
5. Jamaine Facey vs. Willie Parks (185lbs)
6. Rodney Wallace vs. Derrick Mehmen (205lbs)
7. Darrill Schoonover Paul Buentello (265lbs)
8. Frank Gomez vs. Chris Gruetzemacher (145lbs)
9. Deutsch Pu’u vs. Esteves Jones (265lbs)
10. Lionel Lanham vs. Brad Peterson (185lbs)
For more information on WMMA, please visit http://www.wmmasports.com.