UFC Vet Alvin Robinson Heads into Titan FC 28 Showdown Ready to do Whatever It Takes

May 13, 2014
No Comments

Alvin RobinsonWhile last year might not have been the most productive of his career, it was definitely a positive year for former UFC fighter Alvin “Kid” Robinson.

Following a loss in his only bout in Bellator in 2012, Robinson rebounded in 2013 with a win over Joey Munoz in his hometown of Denver before taking time off to spend with his family.

“Unfortunately that was the only fight I had, but I think the year overall was great,” said Robinson. “I was trying to find fights the whole year, but nothing panned out, and then I had the fight with Joey Munoz.

“Even though I only had the one fight, it was a win, so it was a good year and I’m excited to get back on track.”

Robinson told MMAWeekly.com that in order to find the consistency that’s eluded him the last couple years, he’s changed his outlook when it comes to fighting.

“I put a lot of pressure on myself to win and I’m always worried about it,” said Robinson. “I’m at the point right now where I’m not focused on winning or losing – I’m going out there to have fun and I’m going to enjoy it.

“I want to go out there and perform to the best of my abilities and whatever happens, happens.”

Robinson (13-7) will look to put back-to-back wins together for the first time in four years when he makes his Titan FC debut on May 16 in Newkirk, Okla., against highly touted prospect Glariston “Toninho Furia” Santos (25-4).

“This guy is an all-around fighter,” said Robinson of Santos. “He’s got wins by knockout and wins by submission. He’s a tough fighter. I’m a fighter who likes to compete against the best and I definitely think he’s one of those up-and-coming guys.

“I’ve got to go in there and have fun and put him on his back, put him on the ground and by either knockout or submission, I’m going for the finish.”

When asked if he feels he can wait for Santos to make a mistake by trying to prove himself, Robinson said he would rather push the pace than sit back.

“If you look at the top guys in the world, they go out there and impose their will, and I’ve got to do that,” he said. “When that bell rings, I’ve got to take the fight to him and that’s what I’m going to do.”

Following his fight with Santos, Robinson has his next bout lined up, and after that he’s open to whatever comes in order to get himself back into the UFC.

“I’m willing to fight 155, 145, it doesn’t matter against whom,” he said. “I just want to fight. I’ve got another fight after this one and then I’m open to doing whatever it takes to get back to the show.”

Follow MMAWeekly.com on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

Comments are closed.