UFC on FX 1 Fight Card Rumors

November 17, 2011
8 Comments

Powered by Xyience LogoUFC on FX 1
Date: January 20, 2012
Venue: Bridgestone Arena
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

Main Bouts (on FX):
-Melvin Guillard (29-9-2) vs. Jim Miller (20-3; #8 Lightweight)†
-Duane Ludwig (21-11) vs. Josh Neer (32-10-1)
-Mike Easton (11-1) vs. Jared Papazian (14-6)
-Pat Barry (6-4) vs. Christian Morecraft (7-2)

Preliminary Bouts (on Fuel TV):
-Jorge Rivera (19-9) vs. Eric Schafer (12-6-2)
-Kamal Shalorus (7-1-2) vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov (16-0)
-Charlie Brenneman (14-3) vs. Daniel Roberts (12-3)
-Fabricio Camoes (13-6-1) vs. Tommy Hayden (8-0)
-Daniel Pineda (15-7) vs. Pat Schilling (5-0)
-Joseph Sandoval (6-1) vs. Nick Denis (10-2)

*Based on the MMAWeekly.com World MMA Rankings
†Three-round main event

UFC on FX 1 Start Times:
Prelims on Fuel TV: 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT (Live)
Main Card on FX: 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT (Live)

  • VitoCapone

    The only thing on this card that really interests me is Ryan Jimmo. Jimmo is the MFC Light-Heavyweight Champ. He has beat Rick Rufus, Wilson Gouveia, Marvin Eastman, Sokoudjou, and other tough LHWers. 16-1 coming into the UFC could change fast like most other small promo Champs. I think Jimmo has the experience and style to blend, better than most, in the UFC.

    • Dyldozer16

      I agree dude. I havent seen him fight but Ive researched him and I feel like hes gonna be a star in the UFC.

  • VitoCapone

    The bad thing about Jimmo is, he is a safe fighter. Safe fighters tend to be boring. Jimmo has had plenty of boring fights. Don’t expect any fireworks Dyldozer16. Skill-set and safe fight style, gives me reason to believe he will catch most eager fighters, with his hands. His TD defense is pretty good as well. Like a lot of fighters, even champs, from smaller promos dont usually fair well in the UFC. I give Jimmo a 65/35. 65% chance of Pass and 35% chance of Failure. But, I gave Mayhem the same chances. He looked like a High School kid in a parking lot.

  • LAW OF FIST

    i thought Barry was fighting Struve?

  • http://www.facebook.com/thession12 timhession

    I just don’t get how Pat Barry vs. Christian Morecraft is on the main card??? Someone like Jorge Rivera vs. ”Red”Schafer. I believe both have done enough to earn that spot over Morecraft. Berry is tough and I don’t have a problem with him being there(especially on this card) but Morecraft doesn’t belong there. He shouldn’t even be fighting in the UFC and here he is on the main card.

  • VitoCapone

    I agree Tim. Barry/Morecraft is not all that interesting. I’m guessing the fight is on the card to give it alittle size. All the fights on the main card are 155 and under except this one. Red and Jorge will be interesting. I have noticed that a lot of these fighters are on the chopping block. Lets be honest the whole card is televised so we won’t miss any fights.

  • VitoCapone

    And really, as far as Morecraft doesn’t belong. I have to say, there are quite a few fighters on this card that should probably be in SF. And to compare, Barry is 6-4 and Morecraft is 7-2. I’d have to say, by record, Barry doesn’t quite meet the requirements either.

    • xtutx

      That being said, I have Barry on this one.