In response, the 135-pound queen told MMAWeekly.com on Saturday that she would like to fulfill Correia’s wish, but she better keep winning if she wants a shot at world’s No. 1 women’s fighter.
“I just hope she doesn’t lose before I get a chance to beat her myself,” Rousey wrote to MMAWeekly.com via text message.
Correia fought on Saturday’s UFC 177 card, beating Shayna Baszler and earning a technical knockout in the second round of their main-card fight. Baszler is one of Rousey’s teammates and one of her closest friends.
In her previous fight, Correia beat another of Rousey’s teammates, Jessamyne Duke, which started Correia’s push to take out the champ’s team.
Rousey has recently been busy with her Hollywood responsibilities, shooting scenes for film roles in “Expendables 3,” “Entourage” and other movies. She currently has no fights scheduled, but most expect her fight towards the end of the year.
- UFC 177 Results: Bethe Correia Takes Out Shayna Baszler In the Second Round
- UFC 177 Video: Bethe Correia Plans to Roll Through Four Horsewomen to Get Ronda Rousey
- Shanya Baszler Makes UFC Debut Against Bethe Correia at UFC 176
- UFC Fight Night 33: Julie Kedzie vs. Bethe Correia Moved Up to Main Card
- Ronda Rousey is Pulling for Anderson Silva to Beat Chris Weidman at UFC 162
(Follow @Erik_Fontanez on Twitter)