by MMAWeekly.com Staff
MMAWeekly has obtained the fighter salary information from the Nevada State Athletic Commission for UFC 92 featuring Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans, which took place on Saturday, Dec. 27, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that promoters are required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions, including the winners’ bonuses.
Although mixed martial arts fighters do not have collective bargaining or a union, the fighters’ salaries are still public record, just as with every other major sport in the United States. Any undisclosed bonuses that a promoter also pays its fighters, but does not disclose to the athletic commissions (specifically, pay-per-view bonuses, fight of the night bonuses, etc.), are not included in the figures below.
In the listings below, “Main Event Fighters” are defined as fighters who compete in the main event of a show. “Main Card Fighters” are defined as fighters whose fights appear on the main card, but not in the main event. “Preliminary Card Fighters” are defined as fighters whose matches take place before the live broadcast goes on the air, regardless of whether or not those matches end up airing on the TV or Internet broadcast.
MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS
– Rashad Evans ($130,000/win bonus was $65,000) def. Forrest Griffin ($100,000/win bonus would have been $150,000)
*Evans and Griffin also earned an extra $60,000 for “UFC 92 Fight of the Night”
– Frank Mir ($90,000/win bonus was $45,000) def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira ($250,000/win bonus would have been $150,000)
MAIN CARD FIGHTERS
– C.B Dollaway ($20,000/win bonus was $10,000) def. Mike Massenzio ($5,000/win bonus would have been $5,000)
– Quinton Jackson ($325,000/win bonus was $100,000) def. Wanderlei Silva ($200,000/no win bonus)
*Jackson also earned an extra $60,000 for “UFC 92 Knockout of the Night”
– Cheick Kongo ($90,000/win bonus was $45,000) def. Mostapha Al Turk ($7,000/win bonus would have been $7,000)
PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS
– Yushin Okami ($32,000/win bonus was $16,000) def. Dean Lister ($19,000/win bonus would have been $19,000)
– Antoni Hardonk ($28,000/win bonus was $14,000) def. Mike Wessel ($4,000/win bonus would have been $4,000)
– Matt Hamill ($20,000/win bonus was $10,000) def. Reese Andy ($15,000/win bonus would have been $15,000)
– Brad Blackburn ($14,000/win bonus was $7,000) def. Ryo Chonan ($18,000/win bonus would have been $18,000)
– Patrick Barry ($10,000/win bonus was $5,000) def. Dan Evensen ($4,000/win bonus would have been $4,000)
UFC 92 DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $1,381,000
UFC 92 AWARD BONUSES
(As disclosed by UFC president Dana White)
Each fighter received a $60,000 bonus for the following awards.
UFC 92 Fight of the Night:
– Rashad Evans and Forrest Griffin
UFC 92 Knockout of the Night:
– Quinton Jackson
UFC 92 Submission of the Night:
– None awarded, no submissions at UFC 92