by Ivan Canello – MMAWeekly.com
Last Saturday, the Predador Kamae was presented by A. Renner Production in partnership with Brazilian television network RedeTV! It is a big project with mixed martial arts on a national level and opened with a large audience.
Due to that, Predador FC had an excellent production and some high level fights on its card. One of the biggest names in MMA in Brazil is in charge of this project, former K-1 Brazilian representative Sergio Batarelli, who is the founder of International Vale Tudo Championship (IVC). The IVC discovered athletes such as Wanderlei Silva, Jose “Pele” Landi-Jons, Alex Stiebling and included fighters such as Chuck Liddell, Gary Goodridge and many others at its events.
“The idea of Predador and RedeTV! being together is to discover new talents and send them to fight abroad. Besides that, we want to provide good MMA on national television and make the big audience understand the concept of Mixed Martial Arts,” said Batarelli.
Two belts where on the line for this event, the heavyweight belt and the welterweight (185 pounds). One interesting thing about the 185-pound contest was the fact that Anderson Silva’s fighter Mauricio Alonso (Killer Bees) faced Rafael dos Anjos, who is from Macaco Gold Gym and Chute Boxe. It was the first time ever that Silva had the opportunity to face his former camp. In the opposite corner was Ultimate Fighting Championship fighter Thiago Silva (Macaco/Chute Boxe), so we had two big MMA names from rival camps on the corners.
- Edson Conterraneo def. Genival Ivo by Unanimous Decision
- Mauricio Alonso def. Rafael Motta by Unanimous Decision
- Fabio Maldonado def. Renato Cachorro louco by KO, R1
- Paulo Streckert def . Fabio Bomba by Submission (Rear Naked Choke), R1
- Stevan Gutierrez def. Mauro by Submission (Rear Naked Choke), R1
- Fernando Kioshi def. “Pica Pau” by Submission (Rear Naked Choke), R2
- Charles def. Sergio Jr. by TKO, R1
- Magno Magnera def. Ramon by Submission (Triangle Choke), R1