Timofey Nastyukhin introduced himself to ONE Championship fans by knocking Eduard Folayang unconscious with soccer kicks last December. He finished Yusuke Kawanao in exactly the same fashion in Guangzhou, China, on Saturday.
Nastyukhin’s fight with Kawanago was the main event of ONE: Dynasty of Champions at the Tianhe Gymnasium, where the two men exchanged punches early in the opening round with the Russian dropping the former Legend FC champion.
Nastyukhin sensed blood and moved in for the kill with soccer kicks, just like he did against Folayang, causing referee Olivier Coste to call of the contest at 1:32 of the first round. The winner moves up to 9-1 after a ninth straight stoppage win, while Kawanago drops to 13-5-2.
The co-main event did not have such a satisfactory outcome with Christian Holley somehow pulling a muscle while attempting an early kick. He was unable to continue and verbally submitted, handing a win to Zorobabel Moreira, who is now 8-3. His injured opponent drops to 10-2.
RELATED > More ONE: Dynasty of Champions Coverage
Moreira’s Evolve MMA teammate Marcos Santana won his pro debut in much more emphatic fashion. The BJJ black belt finished Ruel Catalan with a first-round rear naked choke that leaves the Filipino with a 2-6 overall record.
There were two one-night, four-man tournaments. The final of the 125-pound bracket threw up a rematch between Jianbing Yang and Wu Ze. It was the latter fighter who prevailed this time, taking his tally to 3-1 and handing his 4-1-0-1 opponent the first loss of his career.
In the final of the 145-pound tournament, Huang Di Yuan scored a unanimous decision victory over Ma Jia Wen after two hard fought rounds. Neither fighter had any bouts listed on their official record prior to Saturday’s event, so the winner is 2-0 while the loser is 1-1.
ONE: Dynasty Of Champions (Guangzhou) Official Results
- Featherweight bout: Timofey Nastyukhin defeats Yusuke Kawanago by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 1:32 minutes of round 1
Guangzhou Featherweight Tournament Finals
- Featherweight bout: Huang Di Yuan defeats Ma Jia Wen via Unanimous Decision
Guangzhou Flyweight Tournament Finals
- Flyweight Bout: Wu Ze defeats Yang Jian Bing by Split Decision
- Lightweight bout: Zorobabel Moreira defeats Christian Holley by verbal tapout at 0:14 minutes of round 1
- Flyweight bout: Marcos Santana defeats Ruel Catalan by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 2:12 minutes of round 1
Guangzhou Featherweight Tournament Semi-Finals
- Featherweight bout: Ma Jia Wen defeats Biekemulati Nulijiao by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 2:06 minutes of round 2
- Featherweight bout: Huang Di Yuan defeats Tian Jian She by TKO (verbal submission) at 5:00 minutes of round 1
Guangzhou Featherweight Tournament Alternate Bout
- Featherweight Bout: Wang Ya Yong defeats Li Yun Long by referee stoppage at 2:45 minutes of round 2
Guangzhou Flyweight Tournament Semi-Finals
- Flyweight bout: Wu Ze defeats Wu Hui Qiang by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 4:42 minutes of round 2
- Flyweight bout: Yang Jian Bing defeats Wang Shuo by unanimous decision
Guangzhou Flyweight Tournament Alternate Bout
- Flyweight Bout: Hu Ri Ge defeats Zhao Xiao Tong by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 4:41 minutes of round 1
(Follow @JamesGoyder on Twitter)