by MMAWeekly.com Staff
MMAWeekly.com has obtained the fighter salary information from the California State Athletic Commission for Strikeforce “Destruction” featuring Scott Smith vs. Terry Martin, which took place on Friday, Nov. 21, at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.
The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that promoters are required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions, including the winners’ bonuses.
Although mixed martial arts fighters do not have collective bargaining or a union, the fighters’ salaries are still public record, just as with every other major sport in the United States. Any undisclosed bonuses that a promoter also pays its fighters, but does not disclose to the athletic commissions (specifically, pay-per-view bonuses, fight of the night bonuses, etc.), are not included in the figures below.
In the listings below, “Main Event Fighters” are defined as fighters who compete in the main event of a show. “Main Card Fighters” are defined as fighters whose fights appear on the main card, but not in the main event. “Preliminary Card Fighters” are defined as fighters whose matches take place before the live broadcast goes on the air, regardless of whether or not those matches end up airing on the TV or Internet broadcast.
Win bonuses are included in the fighter’s total, not in addition to that total.
MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS
– Scott Smith ($40,000/win bonus was $20,000) def. Terry Martin ($20,000/no win bonus)
MAIN CARD FIGHTERS
– Renato “Babalu” Sobral ($50,000/win bonus was $25,000) def. Bobby Southworth ($20,000/win bonus would have been $10,000)
– Duane Ludwig ($32,500/win bonus was $15,000) def. Yves Edwards ($12,000/win bonus would have been $8,000)
– Kim Couture ($10,000/win bonus was $5,000) def. Lina Kvokov ($1,500/win bonus would have been $1,000)
– Joe Riggs ($40,000/win bonus was $20,000) def. Luke Stewart ($10,000/win bonus would have been $10,000)
PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS
– Bobby Stack ($5,000/win bonus was $1,500) def. Cyrillo Padilha ($2,000)
– Eric Lawson ($9,000/win bonus was $1,000) def. Tony Johnson ($2,000/win bonus would have been $2,000)
– Kurt Osiander ($9,000/win bonus was $4,000) def. Josh Neal ($1,500/win bonus would have been $1,500)
– Brian Schwartz ($28,000/no win bonus) def. Lamont Davis ($5,000/no win bonus)
– Luke Rockhold ($4,000/$2,000 win bonus) def. Nik Theotikos ($2,000/win bonus would have been $2,000)
– Darren Uyenoyama ($5,000/$2,500 win bonus) def. Brad Royster ($1,500/win bonus would have been $1,500)
– Alvin Cacdac ($3,000/$1,000 win bonus) def. Jose Palacios ($3,000/win bonus would have been $1,000)
– Zakary Bucia ($2,000/$1,000 win bonus) def. Adam Steele ($1,000/win bonus would have been $1,000)
STRIKEFORCE DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $319,000