The ROTR PHOTO GALLERY IS NOW UP. The big story, Charuto Verissimo is two over and has until 4pm Hawaii time, (7pm PST/10pm EST) to make weight.
To view today’s photos go to the photo gallery and click on Rumble on the Rock 8 and view the pictures right now. Here are the official weigh-in’s.
Kengo Ura – 191.5
Mike Malone – 194
- Kengo Ura trains with Frank Trigg at the R1 gym. Mike Malone is a street fighting legend in Hawaii.
Josh Donahue – 157.5
Ross Ebanez – 170.5
- Donahue is a late replacement for Jason Von Flue. Ebanez is a fighter from Hawaii.
Vilatona Vonokalaifia – 260
Scott Junk – 267.5
- Two heavyweights will bang it out to finish out the Prelim’s.
175 lb. TOURNAMENT MATCH-UPS
Yushin Okami – 174.5
Anderson Silva – 174.5
- Both fighters in great shape. Okami clearly the taller fighter. Should be a great fight.
Jake Shields – 175
Dave Menne – 174.5
- Menne really struggled to make weight but made it. Shields looks very strong at 175.
Carlos Condit – 175
Renato ‘Charuto’ Verissimo – 175
- Charuto had a heck of a time making weight. He really struggled all day making weight. Carlos is almost the same type as Charuto. Long and lanky and very strong.
Frank Trigg – 175
Ronald Jhun – 175
- Both fighters weighed at 175. Plenty of respect between the two fighters.
Eric ‘Butterbean’ Esch – 394.5
Wesley ‘Cabbage’ Corriera – 261
- Butterbean outweighs Cabbage by 133 pounds! Cabbage in maybe the best shape of his career at a trim 261.