RITC 75 – This Friday Night
Dean Lister in attendance
Friday Saturday, Sept 30, 2005
Doors Open: 6:30 PM, Fight Time: 8:00 PM
Tickets available at Glendale Arena ( 623-772-3800 ) and through
TicketMaster ( 480-784-4444 ).
Advanced ticket prices: $20 general admission, $30 floor reserved, $50 floor reserved, $75 ringside ( rows 4-7 ), $100 VIP ( rows 1-3 ).
Tickets $5 higher if purchased on fight day.
Kids 12 & under admitted FREE to this show.
Show your military, student or senior ( over 55 ) ID and receive a $5 discount on each ticket purchased.
Parking is free but there is a $5 additional charge for the Glendale Arena facility fee.
RITC 75 will feature fighters representing ACMMA, Ryan Defense, Team Brausa, Stiver Karate, Genesis Jiu-Jitsu, AJJA, AMAC, Devil’s Den, Havoc, Boxing Inc, Attitude First, Debrazil, and others.
Come out and support the first Friday night RITC show at Glendale Arena.
Brian Bougeois ( 260 ) vs Melville Calabaca ( 260 )
Gilbert Aldano ( 265 ) vs Chad Armstrong ( 230 )
Rich Alten ( 210 ) vs Shane Johnson ( 205 )
Kyle Brees ( 160 ) vs Norman Pierce ( 165 )
Anthony Triliegi ( 170 ) vs Gabe Casillas ( 170 )
Ed West ( 150 ) vs Eric Ferreira ( 150 )
RJ Gamez ( 175 ) vs Adam Roland ( 175 )
Mike Ashford ( 215 ) vs Ron Ayers ( 220 )
Seth Baczynski ( 195 ) vs Robert King ( 195 )
Jeremy Neer ( 185 ) vs Alex Flamino ( 180 )
Craig Davis ( 155 ) vs Eddie Castro ( 155 )
Nick Hedrick ( 150 ) vs Dominik Cruz ( 150 )
Colten Smith ( 175 ) vs Mike Gul ( 175 )
Nicole Escobido ( 105 ) vs Hayley Salazar ( 105 )
Chris Mitchell ( 150 ) vs Benny Thompson ( 155 )
Fight card subject to change.
Pride veteran and Abu Dhabi Champion Dean Lister will be attending RITC 75 to sign autographs, chat with fans and watch the show.
Lister will conduct a 2 1/2 hour seminar on Saturday Oct 1st starting at 9 AM at Brausa Academy ( 1932 E Universty Dr, Tempe ). This seminar is open to all RITC fans at a cost of just $50. Call 480-232-2098 to reserve your spot.
Here is a very brief rundown of the fight card:
1. Newcomer Benny Thompson, a freelance fighter, will take on Chris Mitchell, from Attitude First, to start the Friday night action.
2. Hayley Salazar, from Boxing Inc, is a strong striker. Nicole
Escobido, trained by GrappleGirl at AMAC, is a submission specialist.
Should be a classic.
3. Colten Smith, from Attitude First, will make his debut against
former BMX pro rider Mike Gul out of Team Brausa.
4. Dominik Cruz, from Boxing Inc, has been unstoppable at 4-0 against top competition. Nick Hedrick, from AMAC, has lots of experience. Should be a tough test for Dominik.
5. Craig Davis, from Havoc, who used to train with Jamie Varner takes on wrestling sensation Eddie Casto from Devil’s Den.
6. Alex Flamino, from ACMMA, who is trained by black belt Marc Zee goes against Jeremy Neer, from Team Brausa, who is the uncle of nationally known fighter Josh Neer.
7. Both Robert King from AJJA and Seth Baczynski from Team Brausa are 0-1. Barring a draw someone will get their first win.
8. Newcomer Mike Ashford, from Devil’s Den, has about 3% body fat. He’d win a pose down against Homer. Ron Ayers, from ACMMA, looks like “the strongest man in the world”. Don’t know who will win the pose down or who will win this fight but it sure will be entertaining.
9. RJ Gamez, a boxer/wrestler out of AJJA, after nearly a year lay-off will take on wrestling standout Adam Roland from Team Brausa.
10. Eric Ferreira is a 5’4″ “fireplug” farm boy from the midwest now training in California. He’s a highly regarded wrestler who will take on “slick” Ed West from Tucson who has a 6-0 RITC record.
11. Gabe Casillas, from Debrazil/Rey Diogo Academy in Tucson, will soon be receiving his BJJ brown belt. Anthony Triliegi, a former Marine, just moved to the area. He’s had several undergroung fights in the mid west and is making his RITC debut with a high degree of confidence.
12. Kyle Brees, out of ACMMA, is one of the best Lightweights in the country. This will be his last bout until a Dec 10 showdown against Bart Palazewski in Illinois. Kyle is stepping up a weight class to challenge Norman “Psycho” Pierce who has been away from the sport for over 4 years. He “retired” in early 2001 with a 7-2 record in RITC. Should be a great “new school” verses “old school” matchup.
13. Former Pro boxer Rich Alten, from Ryan Defense, will battle
Tucson’s Shane “Battlecat” Johnson out of Boxing, Inc.
14. Chad Armstrong, a karate specialist from Casa Grande, should provide the toughest test to date for undefeated “KO King” ( :03, :17, :30, 1:55 ) Gilbert Aldano, from Team Brausa.
15. Veteran Melville Calabaca will try to put an end to the undefeated streak of Brian Bourgeois, out of Genesis JJ/Team Brausa.
Visit this web site for specific driving directions from throughout the valley.
9400 W Maryland Ave
Glendale, AZ 85305
Visit www.rageinthecage.com for more information.
RITC 76 – Hello Tucson !!!
Desert Diamond Casino
Friday, Nov 11, 2005
RITC 77 – All the Right Moves
Friday, Dec 2, 2005
Submitted by: John Petrilli ( RITC )