MMAWeekly Radio returns for the final show of the week with UFC champ Demetrious Johnson, Joseph Benavidez, and debate surrounding UFC 156.
UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson drops by to talk about his win over John Dodson at UFC on Fox 6, the illegal knee that happened, and what challenges come next for the top 125lb fighter in the world.
Joseph Benavidez also drops by to discuss his fight coming up with Ian McCall, and hopes to get back into the title picture at flyweight.
The debate on today’s show circles around this weekend’s UFC 156 card:
- Who is in the biggest must win situation at UFC 156?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Wednesday, Jan 30
MMAWeekly Radio returns for Tuesday’s show with UFC 156 fighters Jon Fitch and Ian McCall as well as the best debate in MMA.
Jon Fitch will talk about his upcoming fight against Demian Maia and his changing goals in the UFC these days. Also Ian McCall drops in to discuss his fight with Joseph Benavidez and how the JOBE awards ruffled his feathers a few weeks back.
Finally, the best debate in MMA returns with all new topics including Randy Couture’s move to Spike TV:
- Randy Couture will sign an agreement to join Spike TV and is rumored to serve as coach on the new Bellator reality show. How big is this move for Spike?
- What are your expectations for this new reality show on Spike?
- Anderson Silva will defend his title for his next fight but against whom?
- Cris Cyborg still unsure about move to 135lbs – will the fight with Ronda Rousey ever happen?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Tuesday, Jan 29
MMAWeekly Radio returns for Monday’s show with UFC 156 headliner Frankie Edgar along with the best debate in MMA focusing on the fallout from UFC on Fox 6.
Frankie Edgar drops by to talk about his upcoming title shot at UFC 156, the possibility of becoming a two weight class champion, and much more.
The debate on today’s show swirls around the events that took place at UFC on Fox 6 including:
- How did you score the fight between Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson at UFC on Fox 6?
- Should Demetrious Johnson have been penalized a point for the illegal knee in the 4th round?
- Anthony Pettis earns a title shot with KO over Cowboy Cerrone – should he sit and wait or take another fight?
- What will Rampage’s legacy in the UFC be most remembered for?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Monday, Jan 28
MMAWeekly Radio closes out the week with a big show including UFC on Fox 6 fighter Erik Koch plus Lion Fight’s Kevin Ross and Gregory Choplin plus plenty of UFC on Fox 6 debate.
Erik Koch discusses the last year of his career where injuries and time off have taken the place of fights. He’ll talk about his place in the featherweight division, and hopes for a title shot.
Also on the show, Lion Fight’s fighters Kevin Ross and Gregory Choplin preview this weekend’s event from Las Vegas.
Finally the debate heats up on today’s show with all new topics:
- Should the winner of Anthony Pettis and Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone get the next shot at the lightweight title?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Thursday, Jan 24
MMAWeekly Radio returns for Wednesday’s show with UFC on Fox 6 fighter Clay Guida as well as Bellator’s Karl Amoussou and Ben Saunders plus the best debate in MMA.
Clay Guida stops by to talk about his move to 145lbs – why now and what he expects to do at the lower weight class.
Karl Amoussou discusses his title fight with Ben Askren, and why this match-up won’t be a boring fight in any way, shape or form.
Ben Saunders also drops by to talk about his third entry in the Bellator welterweight tournament, and why the grueling tournament schedule can wear you down.
Finally the best debate in MMA returns with all new topics:
- GSP says he didn’t want to fight Johny Hendricks because he believes he lost to Josh Koscheck. Reaction?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Wednesday, Jan 23
MMAWeekly Radio returns on Tuesday with UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson plus new blood fighters Tyler King and Brian Camozzi plus the best debate in MMA.
Demetrious Johnson stops by to talk about his upcoming title defense against John Dodson and what it means to headline a UFC on Fox card for the first time.
Up and comers Tyler King and Brian Camozzi also stop by the show as two young talented fighters, one a former NFL player and the other making his pro MMA debut this weekend.
The best debate in MMA returns with all new topics:
- The news season of the Ultimate Fighter begins tonight – rate your interest and excitement level and will you be watching throughout?
- How important are the ratings for the first couple of episodes to the future of the Ultimate Fighter?
- Fox will rebrand Fuel TV and Speed and move sports programming off FX – is this a big deal or no deal at all for the UFC?
- Bellator peaked with almost 1.2 million viewers for their first show on Spike – encouraging numbers or should we wait to judge?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Tuesday, Jan 22
MMAWeekly Radio returns on Monday with UFC on Fox 6 headliner John Dodson, Bellator fighter King Mo Lawal and plenty of debate about UFC on FX 7.
John Dodson joins us to talk about his title fight against Demetrious Johnson, as well as his battle for respect as the flyweights headline their first major card.
King Mo Lawal discusses his move to Bellator and the support they’ve shown him over the past few months, and his expectations for the upcoming tournament.
Finally the debate heats up with all new topics on today’s show discussing fallout from UFC on FX 7:
- On a scale of 1-10, rate the performances of both Vitor Belfort and Michael Bisping at UFC on FX 7?
- What do you make of Vitor Belfort’s bizarre call out of Jon Jones after the fight?
- Do you think Michael Bisping will ever get to a title shot in his UFC career?
- Bisping’s loss leaves Anderson Silva without any next opponent. Who do you believe gets the next shot at Anderson Silva?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Monday, Jan 21
After a day off, MMAWeekly Radio returns with a stacked show for Thursday with guests including Tarec Saffiedine, Michael Chandler, Rick Hawn and Javier Vazquez.
Tarec Saffiedine joins us to talk about his big win last weekend over Nate Marquardt, and his hopes for a bright future in the UFC.
Bellator champion Michael Chandler and challenger Rick Hawn stop by to talk about their title fight tonight, and the expectations of being on Spike TV.
Finally, Javier Vazquez talks about his return to competitive grappling as well as his exit from the world of MMA.
Today’s debate circles around both Bellator and UFC events this weekend with special guest go-host Duane Finley from Bleacher Report MMA and UFC.com
First we preview Bellator:
- Can Bellator become a true powerhouse in MMA with Spike TV as their partner?
And then we move to UFC on FX 7:
- Do you believe Vitor Belfort can ever get back into a title shot in the UFC?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Thursday, Jan 17
MMAWeekly Radio returns for Tuesday’s show with UFC on Fox fighter Anthony Pettis, Bellator champ Pat Curran and the best debate in all of MMA.
On today’s show, Anthony Pettis talks about the recent rumors surrounding both Gilbert Melendez and Eddie Alvarez getting title shot offers ahead of him, and also tells one of the funniest stories in the history of the show.
Pat Curran stops by as well to talk about his return to action after a long layoff due to injury as well as Bellator’s big move to Spike TV.
Finally all new debate topics on today’s show including:
- Gilbert Melendez will get the next shot at Benson Henderson at UFC on Fox 7. Do you like, love or hate this match-up?
- Strikeforce scores 310,000 viewers for final show on Showtime. Reaction to the ratings?
- Rory MacDonald continues to say he wants to “embarrass” Carlos Condit and he was humiliated in their last fight. Is MacDonald hyping the fight or is this a whole new demeanor for the young Canadian?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Tuesday, Jan 15
UFC on FX 7 headliners Michael Bisping and C.B. Dollaway highlight Monday’s edition of MMAWeekly Radio along with the best debate in the entire sport.
Michael Bisping talks to us today about a slew of subjects including his pending title shot, why he has no problem doing interviews, and the heart of Vitor Belfort.
Also on the show, C.B. Dollaway talks about traveling to Brazil this weekend and facing TUF Brazil finalist Daniel Sarafian.
Finally, the debate heats up with all new topics including Strikeforce’s end and Ronda Rousey talking GSP:
- On a scale of 1-10 rate Tarec Saffiedine’s performance to defeat Nate Marquardt at Strikeforce on Saturday night?
- Do you believe Nate Marquardt can get back to the top of the welterweight division or will he always be on the outside looking in?
- Daniel Cormier says he’s going to fight Frank Mir first and then “kick Jon Jones’ ass in the fall”. Like, love or hate the comments?
- Ronda Rousey says Georges St-Pierre wouldn’t be famous if he wasn’t cute and Canadian. Does she have a point?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Monday, Jan 14