Promoter Says Kimbo Slice Has a Mean Streak That America Hasn’t Seen Since Mike Tyson

Kimbo Slice’s long awaited boxing debut will finally happen on Aug. 13 in Miami, Oklahoma, as the one-time street fighter turns to the sweet science.

Under Gary Shaw Productions and Tony Holden Promotions, Slice will make his professional debut in a four-round main event fight at the Buffalo Run Casino.

After making his name in street fight videos that gained millions of views on YouTube, Slice took a shot at mixed martial arts with varied results. Following his exit from the UFC last year, Slice took some time off to spend with family, film a movie, and let his body recover from years of athletic competition, but now he’s ready to get back in the ring.

“As I was last speaking to you guys when I was positioning Ray Edwards, I had known that Kimbo’s interest level had gone up back into boxing. What we didn’t tell anyone is that he had always continued training, not full-time training for a fight, but over the year he was training the intricacies and the nuances of the fight game and of the boxing game,” Jared Shaw, promotional advisor to Team Kimbo Slice, told MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday.

Slice will make his boxing debut, and Shaw, who also worked with the fighter during his time as a mixed martial artist when he was under the EliteXC banner, believes he has a big future in the sport as a heavyweight.

“I think Kimbo Slice has a load of potential. Obviously, he’s no spring chicken, but he is a hungry, hungry fighter with a mean streak that America hasn’t seen since Mike Tyson,” Shaw stated.

“The reality is this man wants his bread, and everybody who stands across from him in the ring, is in the way of the Kimbo Slice express.”

While no opponent has been named as of yet, the event will go down on Aug. 13 and ticket sales for the event begin July 5.