Paul Daley Receives Approval from Bellator to Fight While Waiting for Visa Approval

January 2, 2013

Paul DAley UFC 113Paul “Semtex” Daley is still sorting out his visa issues that will prevent him from competing in the upcoming Bellator welterweight tournament, but he plans on staying active while he awaits word on his ability to travel back to the United States.

Last week, Daley wasn’t sure that was going to be possible however when he announced that Bellator was blocking him from fighting at home in the United Kingdom while he was dealing with the visa problems.

Now it appears all sides have come to an agreement and Daley will be allowed to fight outside of Bellator while he works to clear his visa to return to the United States.

Daley spoke to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday night where he announced that he would be returning to action on Feb 23 in Ireland, and has plans in place to stay busy for every month he’s out of action for Bellator until he can return.

“I will be fighting in Ireland Feb. 23, I plan to fight every month up until my visa decision in late April,” Daley said.

Daley will headline the upcoming Cage Contender card in Ireland, although no opponent has been named yet for his main event fight. It took a little bit of time for Daley to receive his clearance from Bellator to allow him to compete, but now they have given him permission and he’s just waiting on an opponent for final approval.

“We’re going after various opponents right now, but as usual a lot of fighters are running scared,” said Daley.

“We have approval from Bellator, we just need an opponent to be “ok’d”.”

Daley last fought in July 2012 when he defeated Rudy Bears by TKO in the first round in his Bellator Fighting Championships debut.