by MMAWeekly.com Staff
MMAWeekly.com has obtained the fighter salary information from the Oklahoma State Department of Health’s Boxing Commission for Ultimate Fight Night 19 featuring Nate Diaz vs. Melvin Guillard, which took place on Wednesday, Sept. 16, at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City.
The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that promoters are required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions, including the winners’ bonuses.
Although mixed martial arts fighters do not have collective bargaining or a union, the fighters’ salaries are still public record, just as with every other major sport in the United States. Any undisclosed bonuses that a promoter also pays its fighters, but does not disclose to the athletic commissions (specifically, pay-per-view bonuses, fight of the night bonuses, etc.), are not included in the figures below.
In the listings below, “Main Event Fighters” are defined as fighters who compete in the main event of a show. “Main Card Fighters” are defined as fighters whose fights appear on the main card, but not in the main event. “Preliminary Card Fighters” are defined as fighters whose matches take place before the live broadcast goes on the air, regardless of whether or not those matches end up airing on the TV or Internet broadcast.
MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS
– Nate Diaz ($48,000/win bonus was $24,000) def. Melvin Guillard ($14,000)
*Diaz also earned an extra $30,000 for “UFN 19 Submission of the Night”
MAIN CARD FIGHTERS
– Gray Maynard ($24,000/win bonus was $12,000) def. Roger Huerta ($21,000)
– Carlos Condit ($48,000/win bonus was $24,000) def. Jake Ellenberger ($10,000)
– Nate Quarry ($60,000/win bonus was $30,000) def. Tim Credeur ($10,000)
*Quarry and Credeur also earned an extra $30,000 each for “UFN 19 Fight of the Night”
PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS
– Brian Stann ($22,000/win bonus was $11,000) def. Steve Cantwell ($10,000)
– Mike Pyle ($30,000/win bonus was $15,000) def. Chris Wilson ($17,000)
– CB Dollaway ($28,000/win bonus was $14,000) def. Jay Silva ($6,000)
– Sam Stout ($24,000/ win bonus was $12,000) vs. Phillipe Nover ($20,000/win bonus was $10,000)
*Oklahoma Commission did not allow bout due to medical issue prior to fight
– Jeremy Stephens ($24,000/win bonus was $12,000) def. Justin Buchholz ($8,000)
*Stephens also earned an extra $30,000 for “UFN 19 Knockout of the Night”
– Mike Pierce ($12,000/win bonus was $6,000) def. Brock Larson ($26,000)
– Ryan Jensen ($8,000/win bonus was $4,000) def. Steve Steinbeiss ($6,000)
UFC Fight Night 19 DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $476,000
UFN 19 AWARD BONUSES
(as disclosed by UFC president Dana White)
Each fighter received a $30,000 bonus for the following awards.
Fight of the Night:
– Nate Quarry and Tim Credeur
Knockout of the Night:
– Jeremy Stephens
Submission of the Night:
– Nate Diaz