MMAWeekly Radio is back for Wednesday’s edition of the big show with UFC 143 fighters Dustin Poirier and Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson as well as debate in the Sixth Round.
Two changes of opponents didn’t rattle Dustin Poirier heading into UFC 143, but what does he think about going from top ten fighter Erik Koch to relative unknown Max Holloway? Tune in to find out.
Also, kickboxing prodigy Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson comes on the show to talk about his long awaited UFC debut, and the pressure that goes along with having a reputation before ever stepping foot in the Octagon.
Finally, Damon and Jeff heat up the debate with the following topics:
- After decision filled UFC on Fox 2 card, how much pressure is there on Condit vs. Diaz to deliver on Saturday night?
- FTC closes investigation into Zuffa purchase of Strikeforce. Does that close the book on the ‘monopoly’ talk with the UFC?
- Dana White challenged hackers over the weekend and they responded. Is this a battle that should continue or just move on?
- UFC on Fox 2 peaked at 6 million viewers. What will it take for the UFC to break 12 million viewers?
- What fight should headline UFC on Fox 3?
- Dana White tweeted a smiley face on Twitter and the MMA world lost its mind. What did White mean with the tweet?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Wednesday, Feb 1: