Coach Greg Jackson and UFC 143 ‘Knockout of the Night’ winner Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson highlight Tuesday’s edition of MMAWeekly Radio.
Coach Greg Jackson was one part of the puzzle that helped Carlos Condit put together the winning strategy that got him past Nick Diaz at UFC 143. Jackson explains his thoughts on the fight, and how he scored it once it was over.
Not a much better way to make your UFC debut than to knock out an opponent in the first round, but Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson did one better. He even scored ‘Knockout of the Night’ honors in his first UFC bout.
Thompson stops by the show to talk about the win and what’s next for him in the UFC.
The Sixth Round continues to debate the hot topics surrounding UFC 143 as well as talking about the new main event for UFC 145:
- Did the GSP vs. Diaz hype influence the public outcry after Carlos Condit won?
- The corner of Nick Diaz was heard telling him throughout the fight that he was winning. How much is his corner to blame for the loss?
- What is the balance in MMA between fighting smart and fighting for excitement?
- Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans is finally official for UFC 145 in Atlanta. How big will this fight be for the landscape of MMA?
- How impressive was the improvement of Fabricio Werdum at UFC 143? Will he be a legit title contender in the UFC?
- Roy Nelson has dropped 3 out of his last 4 fights. Should he consider a drop to 205lbs or is that his biggest issue?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Tuesday, Feb 7.