Tuesday’s edition of MMAWeekly Radio features interviews with Nick Diaz’s trainer and manager Cesar Gracie as well as UFC 143 fighter Clifford Starks, and debate in the Sixth Round.
Gracie comes on to preview the fight between Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit, as well as give his thoughts on the recent comments by Georges St-Pierre and B.J. Penn.
Clifford Starks makes his first appearance on the radio show to talk about his fight with Ed Herman at UFC 143, while also discussing his time at Arizona State where he served as the main training partner for future UFC champion Cain Velasquez.
Finally debate in the Sixth Round gets heated with the following topics being discussed:
– GSP says he wants Diaz to win and will openly be rooting for him. Diaz says he’ll wait for GSP if he beats Condit. UFC Primetime talked about the Diaz/GSP rivalry. Simply said…are people overlooking Carlos Condit in this fight?
– How much motivation does this serve for Carlos Condit going into UFC 143?
– GSP says he’s not the champ anymore. Do you view the winner of Condit vs. Diaz the real welterweight champion?
– Should the Condit/Diaz winner sit out and wait for GSP or fight again before he’s ready to come back?
– Jon Jones opened as a 6 to 1 favorite over Rashad Evans. Too much, too little or just right?
– According to sources, ticket sales have not been good for UFC 143. How much concern should the UFC have over recent pay-per-view shows struggling?
– Beyond the main event, what fight should people be keeping an eye on at UFC 143?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Tuesday, Jan 31