Tarec Saffiedine joins us to talk about his big win last weekend over Nate Marquardt, and his hopes for a bright future in the UFC.
Bellator champion Michael Chandler and challenger Rick Hawn stop by to talk about their title fight tonight, and the expectations of being on Spike TV.
Finally, Javier Vazquez talks about his return to competitive grappling as well as his exit from the world of MMA.
Today’s debate circles around both Bellator and UFC events this weekend with special guest go-host Duane Finley from Bleacher Report MMA and UFC.com
First we preview Bellator:
– Can Bellator become a true powerhouse in MMA with Spike TV as their partner?
– How important are the first week ratings for the future of Bellator?
– Fight pick: Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull?
– Fight pick: Babalu Sobral vs. Mikhail Zayats?
– Could Michael Chandler become a top three lightweight in 2013?
– Fight pick: Michael Chandler vs. Rick Hawn?
And then we move to UFC on FX 7:
– Do you believe Vitor Belfort can ever get back into a title shot in the UFC?
– Fight pick: Thiago Tavares vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov?
– Fight pick: Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ben Rothwell?
– Fight pick: C.B. Dollaway vs. Daniel Sarafian?
– Do you believe Michael Bisping is becoming a fan favorite?
– Fight pick: Michael Bisping vs. Vitor Belfort?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Thursday, Jan 17