Melvin Guillard learned a lot from his fight with Joe Lauzon last year, and so he’s back with a new focus and determination as well as a new team behind him. Guillard recently left Jackson’s MMA to team up with the Blackzilians in Florida.
“So it came to one of those points in my life where I had to make a grown-up decision. Kind of an executive decision, and this is the decision I made,” Guillard said.
Also, Shane Del Rosario joins the show to talk about signing with the UFC, and when he expects to make his first appearance inside the Octagon.
Finally the Sixth Round debate heats up with a bunch of topics surrounding UFC 142 including:
- Does Jose Aldo have a real shot at breaking Anderson Silva’s win and title defense record in the UFC?
- Fan Topic: Faber, Benavidez, Mendes and Dillashaw have all suffered losses in big fights recently. What will it take to make Team Alpha Male champions?
- Did Anthony Johnson deserve to get the boot after his weight cutting debacle and loss at UFC 142?
- Is Vitor Belfort an elite middleweight?
- After Erick Silva’s loss on Saturday, should instant replay be mandatory in MMA?
- Best submission fighter in MMA currently? Is Rousimar Palhares tops?
- Edson Barboza’s knockout. Best in MMA history?
All this and more for Monday, Jan. 16 edition of MMAWeekly Radio…
© 2012 MMA Weekly All Rights Reserved.