UFC lightweight champ Frankie Edgar talks about his upcoming fight with Benson Henderson, as well as the team that will get him ready for his 4th consecutive title defense. He also answers the question about if a fight with Jose Aldo is something he’s interested in.
Tyron Woodley joins the show to discuss his place in the Strikeforce welterweight division and if he thinks the winner of Paul Daley vs. Kazuo Misaki should be his opponent in a potential title fight?
Former Ohio State All-American Lance Palmer talks about his upcoming fight at Showdown Fights in Utah, and his continued evolution as a fighter training at Team Alpha Male.
Finally there is debate in the Sixth Round with the following topics:
– Greg Jackson will indeed corner Jon Jones against Rashad Evans at UFC 145. Big deal or no deal?
– Do you think UFC 144 is the building of something bigger in Japan for the promotion or more of a one shot deal?
– Mayhem Miller is booked against CB Dollaway at UFC 146. Did he deserve a second chance after his performance against Bisping at the TUF 14 finale?
– Silva vs Sonnen 2 has been agreed to in principle but the location is still up in the air. Should Sonnen fight Silva in Brazil?
– More epic trash talk leading into a fight…Rashad Evans vs Jon Jones or Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen?
– Rampage has stated he campaigned to get on the UFC 144 card in Japan. Does that add any extra pressure for his fight with Ryan Bader?
This is MMAWeekly Radio for Monday, Feb 20