News of the injury was first reported on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight.
Bisping and Belcher fought all the way to the 4:29 mark of the third round before an accidental eye poke by Bisping forced a halt to the fight when Belcher couldn’t continue. The bout then went to the scorecards with the judges awarding Bisping a unanimous technical decision.
Bisping is hoping to return to the Octagon in October. So far, he has no shortage of fighters that want to face him upon his return.
Former Strikeforce champions Luke Rockhold and Cung Le, as well as Top 10 middleweight Costa Philippou, have all thrown out challenges in Bisping’s direction.
UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, however, says that Bisping’s interest is focused on Cung Le.
“Michael told me the guy who interests him most is Cung Le,” he reported. “He’s not interested in fighting Luke Rockhold and told him to go out and win at least one fight in the UFC before he talks to him.”
© 2013 MMA Weekly All Rights Reserved.