Following the Strikeforce World Grand Prix Semfinals show this weekend, the Ohio Athletic Commission has handed down suspensions to five fighters that competed on the card.
Most of the suspensions stem from knockout or TKO’s that occurred on the Cincinnati, OH show.
Main card fighters Antonio Silva and Roger Gracie lead the way due to their knockout losses, and they will both get a 60 day suspension to recover.
- Antonio Silva suspended 60 days following a knockout
- Roger Gracie suspended 60 days following a knockout
- Yoel Romero suspended 60 days following a knockout
- Evanglista ‘Cyborg’ Santos suspended 30 days following a TKO
- Amanda Nunes suspended 30 days following a TKO
As far as the drug testing done on the show, Ohio Athletic Commission head Bernie Profato stated when speaking to MMAWeekly.com that it would take a couple of weeks for those results to come back.
Also, gate and attendance numbers for the Strikeforce card are still being configured because of complimentary tickets given out to military personell, and those numbers will not be available just yet.