According to a report from TMZ.com, documents from the Clark County Courthouse in Nevada show that St-Pierre lost a lawsuit earlier this year to his former manager, Shari Spencer, for a settlement of $737,066.35, as well as percentages of royalties and other streams of revenue.
St-Pierre’s additional penalties, according to the report, include 20 percent of future revenue on various UFC Pay-Per-View fights, 20 percent of royalties earned under a 2008 UFC merchandising contract, and five percent of future revenues from sponsorships Spencer assisted in obtaining.
While news of Spencer’s lawsuit was rumored to be part of the “personal problems” St-Pierre said he’s experiencing, the former manager to the fighter went to Twitter to downplay her involvement in his issues.
— Shari Spencer (@ShariSpencer) November 19, 2013
The lawsuit, according to an anonymous source cited in the TMZ report, could cost the UFC champion millions of dollars.
On Monday, rumors hit the internet about St-Pierre’s reasoning behind his sudden desire to step away from fighting, which he announced during his post-fight interview at UFC 167. An unplanned pregnancy with an unnamed woman and the declining health of his father were both reported as reasons for GSP’s departure from the sport.
Subsequent to the rumors being spread, UFC president Dana White was quoted by the Los Angeles Times in saying that St-Pierre told him the rumors were untrue. Additionally, Myriam, St-Pierre’s sister, denied any truth to stories about their father’s declining health in a report from LaPresse.ca.
White initially said that St-Pierre’s troubles aren’t as big as everyone thinks. The UFC boss added in the L.A. Times story that he is already working on a rematch between St-Pierre and Johny Hendricks. An announcement for the fight, White said, should take place within a couple weeks.
(Follow @Erik_Fontanez on Twitter)