by MMAWeekly.com Staff
Robbie Lawler made his debut in King of the Cage and his debut ended by submission to the surprise of many. Lawler was victorious against Jeremy Brown, but it was no easy fight.
Lawler looked bigger than he did fighting before at 185. He tested Jeremy’s chin several times, including a kick to the head. Brown would have his moments in the fight landing combos, but they didn’t seem to phase Lawler.
Robbie landed a couple of knees to the head from the clinch that put Brown down. Robbie swooped in and finished the fight with an Arm Bar in round one. Lawler wins.
In other action…
- Gideon Ray defeated Chris Clemente by Rear Naked Choke in round one.
- Antoine Skinner beat Chris Higi by TKO in Rd. 2, strikes
- Jeremy Bolt defeated Christian Neilson by Guillotine Choke in round one.
- Jason Reinhard defeated Brad Cottrell in round on by TKO from elbows.
- Tim Bradly beat Randy Haddad by unanimous decision.
- Ron Fields was victorious over Robin Johnson in the first round by Trianle choke.
- Geno Roderick won his bout by TKO, strikes.
- Tommy Lee defeated David Love by unamimous decision.
- Clay Guida defeated Dave Cochran by Rear Naked Choke round one.