This weekend in Las Vegas the odds were updated at a few casinos including the Venetian. Here is the breakdown of UFC 58 and UFC 59. The most interesting stat about UFC 58 is the fact that not a single Canadian is favored on the card.
UFC 58 CANADA VS USA
David “The Crow” Loiseau +220
Rich Franklin -300
– The Champion is a big favorite as you would have to bet 300 dollars to win $100, while if you like the challenger, then you would bet just $100 to win $220 on Loiseau.
BJ Penn -140
Georges St.Pierre +110
– Penn is just a slight favorite over St.Pierre. Close to being a pickem fight.
Joe Doerksen -115
Nate Marquadt -115
– It’a pickem fight between Marquardt and Doerksen
John Alessio +250
Diego Sanchez -330
– The nightmare is a big favorite over John Alessio. You would have to bet 330 to win 100 on Sanchez.
Steve Vigneault +375
Mike Swick -550
– Swick is the biggest favorite on the card according to the bookmakers. Swick is a whopping -550 which makes him the biggest favorite on the card.
– While Swick is the biggest favorite, Yves Edwards isn’t far behind. Edwards is at -500 which means you would have to bet 500 to win 100 on Yves.
– It’s a very close battle between Florian and Stout. Florian is a slight favorite in this battle.
– Jason Lambert is the favorite as the lines open with Lambert at -250.
Kristof Midoux +150
Tom Murphy -180
– Another close battle but it’s Murphy opening as the slight favorite.
UFC 59 IN CALIFORNIA
There weren’t many odds released on this card since the entire card hasn’t been announced.
Forrest Griffin +170
Tito Ortiz -200
– Tito Ortiz is the opening favorite. Ortiz is -200 which means you would have to bet 200 to win 100.
Tim Sylvia +180
Andrei Arlovski -220
– Not a big surprise that the current champion and the man who defeated Sylvia is the favorite. Arlovski opens at -220.