Anderson Silva recently put the word out that he would like to lure retired fighter Nick Diaz into the cage when he returns from the broken leg he suffered at UFC 168 in December. Silva plans to be back in the Octagon early in 2015.
Diaz has had several fights thrown his way since losing to Georges St-Pierre early last year, but thus far has not been enticed to emerge from his self-imposed exile.
That might be changing, however, with Silva’s calling him to action.
In attendance at the Glory World Series event over the weekend in Los Angeles, veteran reporter Loretta Hunt bumped into Diaz, who tipped his hand at a possible return.
He told Hunt that he hoped to be fighting again by the New Year, which just so happens to coincide with Silva’s proposed timeline. Coincidence? Perhaps.
But it certainly adds a healthy dose of intrigue to Silva’s desire to fight Diaz when he returns to the Octagon.
Ran into Nick Diaz last nite at Glory. Good mood. Said he hoped to be fighting again by new year; trying to work out contracts now
— Loretta Hunt (@lorettahuntmma) June 22, 2014
© 2014 MMA Weekly All Rights Reserved.