Press Release (Courtesy of the IFL)
The International Fight League takes a look at the league’s top submissions and tap-out artists in the next episode of “IFL Battleground” on Monday, June 4, at 8 p.m. ET/PT (7 p.m. CT/MT). “IFL Battleground” airs every Monday night on MyNetworkTV.
The show features full fights and highlights of IFL bouts which have ended via submission, and also includes demonstrations by “IFL Battleground” Co-Host Bas Rutten and IFL athletes such as the Tokyo Sabres’ Antonio McKee (Long Beach, Calif.).
Additionally, the search for the next IFL Ring Girls continues, with audition footage of some contenders – and a few pretenders – from searches conducted in New York and Los Angeles.
Some of the competitors seen in the episode include:
• Lightweight John Gunderson (Houston/Medford, Ore.) of the Lions vs. Josh Odom (Tallahassee, Fla.) of the Razorclaws
• Middleweight Benji Radach (Coconut Creek, Fla.) of the Anacondas vs. Brian Foster (Moreno Valley, Calif.)
• Middleweight Jeremy Williams (Laguna Niguel, Calif.) of the Condors vs. Bristol Marunde (Sequim, Wash.) and Kazuhiro Hamanaka (Tokyo) of the Sabres
• Middleweight Matt Horwich (Portland, Ore.) of the Wolfpack vs. Brent Beauparlant (Ottawa, Ontario) of the Dragons
• Welterweight Jay Hieron (Las Vegas) of the Anacondas vs. Donnie Liles (Colorado Springs, Colo.) of the Razorclaws
• Light Heavyweight Jamal Patterson (Hoboken, N.J.) vs. Alex Schoenauer (Las Vegas) of the Anacondas