Abel Trujillo suffered an injury and has been forced out of his UFC Fight Night Bangor fight against Ross Pearson, UFC officials announced on Monday.
Pearson will remain on the Aug. 16 card, and in Trujillo’s place will be former No. 1 contender Gray Maynard.
Maynard (11-3-1, 1 NC) was set to face Fabricio Camoes on the card, but once Trujillo had to bow out, officials acted quickly to make the swap.
Camoes will have his fight rescheduled for a later card, against an opponent to be named later, officials wrote in a statement.
UFC Fight Night Bangor is scheduled to be headlined by a light heavyweight fight between Ryan Bader and Ovince St. Preux.
- Ross Pearson Agrees to Step Up and Face Abel Trujillo after UFC on FOX 12 Shake Up
- Gray Maynard Faces Fabricio Camoes at UFC 176
- Undefeated Myles Jury Faces Abel Trujillo at UFC Fight Night 44 in San Antonio
- Jamie Varner Steps In for Bobby Green, Faces Abel Trujillo at UFC 169
- UFC 160 Adds Gray Maynard vs. TJ Grant and Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Abel Trujillo