by Tom Hamlin – MMAWeekly.com
American Top Team middleweight standout Denis Kang has been removed from Dream’s July 21 card in Osaka, Japan.
Kang told MMAWeekly.com he learned of the change last week. Until that time he had not been given an opponent by Dream’s promoter, Fight Entertainment Group. He’s still in the dark about the reason for his dismissal.
“I have no idea,” Kang responded. “I was feeling really good for this fight, I was peaking really well.”
He is currently in Vancouver, working with longtime training partners at the Revolution Fight Team. He also plans on returning to Montreal, where Georges St. Pierre, Patrick Cote, and David Loiseau await him. Visa issues have kept Kang from training full time at American Top Team, but he will return there at some point as well.
As for his future with FEG, Kang says this isn’t the end of their relationship.
“I want to stay with them, I have no problem with them,” he said. “I don’t know that any organization can be perfect. I understand that’s just the way business goes. You have to remember, FEG is running K-1 and K-1 Max, K-1 Heavyweight and Dream at the same time. So I know they’re busy. It’s just very frustrating.”