The UFC President went on UFC Tonight on Wednesday and discussed who might be Brown’s next opponent. White shot down a potential match-up with Nate Diaz, but added that he would fully endorse a bout between Nick and Brown.
“If Nick Diaz wants to come out and fight Brown, I’ll do that fight,” White said.
The FOX Sports 1 program reported earlier that Nate was very interested in the fight with Brown. Conversations with Brown’s manager suggested the fighter is open to all options, but wouldn’t confirm they would accept a fight with the younger Diaz brother.
When asked if the UFC would consider the Nate-Brown scrap, White denied any possibility that the fighters would be paired in the Octagon.
“There’s no way … We never even considered that fight,” he said. ”Nate Diaz did say he was interested in that fight, but that fight doesn’t make sense. He’s fighting at 155, he’s lost two of his last three fights, and Brown’s on this unbelievable roll.”
Brown most recently defeated Erick Silva at UFC Fight Night 40. The win was the fighter’s seventh in a row.
Nate hasn’t fought since November of 2013, and has had a public feud with the UFC regarding his contract. Nick, meanwhile, is semi-retired, having not fought since March of the same year.
(Follow @Erik_Fontanez on Twitter)
© 2014 MMA Weekly All Rights Reserved.