- CONDIT SLICES HAND, OUT OF UFC 108 DALEY BOUT

December 9, 2009
No Comments

by Ken Pishna – MMAWeekly.com
A battle between Top 10 welterweights has been scratched from the UFC 108 fight card. Carlos Condit has withdrawn from his scheduled bout with British fighter Paul Daley due to injury.

Condit confirmed the news to MMAWeekly.com. It was reported by several Web sites on Wednesday morning.

Condit says that he sliced his hand open on a piece of sheet metal, including cutting “one finger down to the bone.”

He told MMAWeekly.com that he was “really disappointed” and had been “looking forward to shutting Daley up.”

Condit didn’t take very kindly to reports that Daley questioned his reasons for withdrawing from the fight.

“Daley has been talking (expletive), saying I hadn’t started training yet,” said Condit. “That’s B.S. I’ve been training for a month and a half already.”

Condit won his last UFC bout, against Jake Ellenberger, after slipping up in his Octagon debut against Martin Kampmann. Daley, in his first bout for the UFC, defeated Kampmann. The winner would have taken an important step up the ladder towards a title shot.

A light heavyweight bout between former champion Rashad Evans and Brazilian Thiago Silva headlines UFC 108 on Jan. 2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

(UPDATED / 1:20 p.m. PT, Dec. 9 – Added comments from Condit regarding Daley.)

Comments are closed.