Cage Fighting Championship welterweight champion Jesse Juarez and challenger Robert Whittaker made weight on Thursday night (local time) ahead of their headline fight at CFC 21 on Friday at the Homebush State Sports Centre in Sydney, Australia.
Juarez (17-8) who was 800g over the weight limit on his first attempt, claimed the CFC world title with a majority decision win against Justin Murray at CFC 13 in April 2010. His first title defense was an unanimous decision win against Manuel Rodriguez at CFC 18 and he has gone 1-1 on U.S. promotions since. He will look to defend it for a second time against Robert Whittaker (9-1). Whittaker (9-1) has built an impressive domestic record in Australia and is yet to go to the judges scorecards in any of his fights. His most recent outing was at Superfight Australia 13 in Perth where he defeated Shaun Spooner with a first round stoppage.
In the heavyweight main support bout, Soa “The Hulk” Palelei will take on the infamous Bob “The Beast” Sapp, who has lost his last six fights, all inside the opening three minutes. In Sapp’s most recent fight at KSW 19 last week, he was flattened by Mariusz Pudzianowski in the opening seconds of the fight.
The CFC 21 show will stream live on www.fightbulletin.net/live from 7 p.m. (NSW/QLD/VIC) and 4 a.m. (New York) on Friday, May 18.
CFC 21 Weigh-in Results:
- Jesse Juarez (77.0kg) vs Robert Whittaker (76.62kg)
- Jim Yorke (120.4kg) vs Jeff Monson (106.16kg)
- Soa Palelei (131.8kg) vs Bob Sapp (149.2kg)
- Corey Nelson (77.36kg) vs Dan Pauling (77.22kg)
- Kian Pham (57.16kg) vs Shabe Kafo (57.44kg)
- James Vainikolo (77.02kg) vs Jon Leven (77.68kg)
- Manny Rodriguez (77.12kg) vs Dave Verger (77.34kg)
- Robert Lisita (67.0kg) vs Rory O’Connell (66.46kg)
- Albert Patu (83.88kg) vs Rami El Chaoufani (83.76kg)
(Photo by Peter McDermott/FightBulletin.net)